If your child is anything like I was, they’ll be spending their summer worrying about going back to school. Worrying about their new class, new teacher, making new friends, starting new lessons, the list goes on and on and on.
Transitions can be really tough for children. The change in routine can be another reason that children struggle in the summer holidays, it is a completely different schedule compared to when they are at school.
But this can all be made easier if the right tools are in place. Calm Kids Summer Camp will give your child the tools to help them enjoy their summer and get ready for going back to school in September feeling calm and prepared.
Calm Kids Summer Camp will support your child with:
- Understanding their feelings better
- Knowing tools to use when needed
- Regulating their own feelings
- The ability to feel calmer when worries come up
The topics that will be covered:
- Understanding feelings, tracking worries and self-reflection
- Regulating feelings exercises including grounding, breathing, mindfulness and more
- PLUS there’s extra bonus content including self-care activities and a reward chart!
- Child friendly, simple tools for understanding and managing feelings
- Short video & audio trainings about the tools
- Downloadable/printable workbooks & worksheets for your child to fill out
- 2 videos, 3 audios & 10 workbooks
- All in a password protected area on my website for you to access any time
How to use the Calm Kids Summer Camp:
- Schedule time into your week to go through the videos on your own or with your child
- Practise the tools in the trainings with your child so they get used to them
- Download/ print all the workbooks and worksheets for your child to fill out on their own or with you
- Plus, these tools aren’t just for children! You can use them yourself and as a family to all see the benefits
- Lifetime access to the videos, audios and workbooks for as long as the camp remains active
- Access any time on a password protected page on my website
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Will this help a child with anger management issues?
A: The tools explained in Calm Kids Camp (breathing, mindfulness, journal prompts, affirmations and more) will help with a wide range of feelings including anger, worries, frustration and anxiety. The tools will help with all areas of their mental wellbeing and can be taken into adulthood.
Q: What age is the Calm Kids Camp for?
A: All the tools, videos, audios and workbooks are suitable for children of all ages, they are tools that can be adapted to suit children of any age or ability. As a rough guide, for children under 12 I would suggest adult supervision. The activities included can be done as a family as they are suitable for adults too!